Share and apply ideas and knowledge
Our courses are full of action. The participants are the protagonists of the course. We believe that learning is best when participants are involved in the process. We create a space that allows young people to contribute with their ideas and experiences; using powerful and creative techniques
Learn how to use PAR for social change
Be among the growing wave of practitioners using PAR. Recrear’s model was designed for youth by youth from all over the world. It’s biggest value is using creative techniques to facilitate a dialogue, action and collaboration for more sustainable community development.
Connect individuals and organizations
We recognize that it is essential to connect community actors to create more sustainable development. The course consolidates these links and friendships. By the end of the course, individuals gain a network of potential collaborators so their impact may be that much greater.
How can I participate?
Tailored PAR Training Courses
For organizations, universities and social enterprises
We offer PAR courses tailored specifically for your organization, university or social enterprise. Depending on the focus and size of the group, we customize our methodology to meet the objectives of your organization.
We help organizations and universities to co-design participatory integration strategies for organizations or social enterprises that manage youth programs o have youth as beneficiaries.
The objectives of the course:
- Introducing the values, principles and theories of Participatory Action Research.
- Outlining how PAR can deepen learning practices in youth programs.
- Identifying the right questions, and designing research frameworks.
- Using creative tools and experiential learning to make research engaging.
- Exploring tools to process and share participatory action research ‘data’.
What participants will take from the course:
- A new toolkit on PAR to integrate in their community projects.
- A research plan they can pursue with their communities.
- A network of civil society practitioners interested in youth and participatory forms of development in their communities and around the world.
- Access to the step-by-step guide for techniques used in the course.
Who is the course for?
- Community practitioners
- Youth program managers
- Grassroots organizers
- Social entrepreneurs
- University students
How is the course structured?
- Number of sessions: The training is typically delivered over 6 days, 5 hours per day. We also do variations based on the organization’s interests and needs, including virtual follow ups. The course teaches the values, principles, tools of participatory action research and its practical application in a research process we help them design.
- Cost: The host organization would cover professional fees, airfare and living costs. Reach out to explore how we could collaborate based on your needs and capacity.
Registered as a Canadian Charity, Recrear is a youth-led organization with the mission to ensure that young people actively participate in the design and implementation of community development initiatives. By designing and implementing participatory, action-oriented youth-led research projects, we work to create a space for young people to use their imagination and energy to transform their communities. Since launch, Recrear has worked in over 25 communities running youth-led action research projects.
Our action research model is based on the belief that in order to understand community it’s first important to understand ourselves. By understanding how young people feel, think and act, it becomes easier to understand why and how community manifests the way it does. We also believe that being youth-led, action research should be designed and carried out by young people for young people. As such, we use creative techniques to create a creative and inspired environment where young people can also feel a sense of ownership in the space.
By creative techniques, we mean we use activities such as development theater, photography, art, creative writing and movement to facilitate dialogue between youth. We’re always looking to expand and grow our methodology with new techniques that allow the participants to be the protagonists of the workshops and share their experiences, abilities and ideas.